REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
TEMPORARY STAFFING SERVICES
APTUS TREATMENT CENTRE
DATE ISSUED: SEPTEMBER 24, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 20, 2021 @ 4:00PM (Now Closed)
Aptus Treatment Centre is an organization devoted to providing compassionate services for children, adolescents and adults, to allow them to lead a life of quality filled with dignity and integrity, as well as have meaningful opportunities in the community to explore what matters to them. Our expert services enables the people we support, who have conditions such as, developmental disabilities and emotional/psychiatric disorders, i.e. dual diagnosis, autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities, to develop, grow and evolve to their full potential.
Our houses and day programs are unionized environments, providing a great deal of support and care for the people we support ensuring all their needs are met on a daily basis. Our residences teach the people we support through life skills, routine and practices, to become more independent by involving them in many activities enhancing their skills to the best of their ability, as well as engaging in community events & functions.
Within our residences, we focus a great deal on sensory integration, community integration and communication thus improving their quality of life.
Our Homes have features which include:
- Large Yards complete with gardens, trampolines etc.
- Large Kitchens
- Bathrooms to be shared by a maximum of 2 residents
- Sensory Rooms
- Art and Crafts Room
- Special modifications to meet the needs of the People We Support
The people we support are encouraged to participate in meal preparation, as well as daily chores. Much like a family, the staff workers ensure a home environment and teach the people we support responsibility. Often the residential staff engage the residents in recreational activities such as sports, table games and community events.
At times when our full time and casual employees are not available to work, Aptus Treatment Centre requires efficient & effective staff to ensure that the services and support we offer meet the needs of the People We Support. We are looking to partner with an Agency that will provide staff who can:
- provide support to, instruction in, as well as develops, implements and evaluates programs and learning materials in program areas which include but are not limited to personal hygiene, social skills, leisure and recreational skills, activities of daily living, personal life management, cognition, sexuality, language/communication and community awareness
- cleans and/or assists residents in cleanliness of the Supported Living Homes (residence) and its outside surrounding property, (see requirements for each Supported Living Home located in the home)
- prepares meals and/or assists the residents in the preparation of the daily meals including feeding, if necessary
- maintains communication within the organization, as necessary
- provides a supervised, safe and healthy environment as determined by the organization, to improve the quality of life of the residents
- assists in the upkeep of organization property, including Supported Living Homes (residences) and vehicles, by following procedures established by the organization, including reporting issues and concerns to Supervisors as soon as possible
- contributes towards maintaining good relations with Supported Living Homes neighbors
- performs his/her work in a safe and healthy manner in accordance with the Organizations’ Health and Safety Policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- is aware of and abides by the Aptus Treatment Centre’s philosophy, policies and procedures
- is aware of and abides by the pertinent government legislation related to the operation of Supported Living Homes, including the Child and Family Services Act, as well as Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- works independently and/or collectively as part of a team
- demonstrates good judgment in decision-making and problem-solving
- deals effectively with aggressive behaviours
- intervenes effectively in crisis situations
- has valid training in First Aid / CPR, Crisis Prevention (CPI)
- proof of full Covid-19 vaccinations, clear medicals and clear vulnerable sector check (VSC)
- invoice Aptus and remit payment to staff according to Ontario’s Employment Standards Act
A working committee at the Aptus Treatment Centre will adjudicate the proposal giving preference to those proposals which:
- demonstrate experience and/or professional qualifications of the personnel assigned to the project, including previous experience in the field of social services
- demonstrates knowledge/system in providing information of the personnel assigned to the project i.e. WSIB coverage, training records, clear medicals, clear vulnerable check
- the successful contract will be limited to a 2 year period
The complete proposal will include the following information:
- Copies of current WSIB and Insurance liability coverage for 2 million +
- Separate job classifications
- Prices are to be quoted in Canadian dollars and to include coverage for shifts as below:
- Evening (variety of shifts between 12 noon and 11.30 pm)
- Overnight Awake
- Overnight Asleep
Aptus Treatment Centre intends to award a contract to the qualified vendor who submits the best overall proposal, based on experience in handling similar projects, qualifications, approach, reference from previous clients and price. Aptus Treatment Centre reserves the right without prejudice to reject any or all proposals, and to determine in its own judgment the vendor best qualified to meet its needs. The lowest cost proposal will not necessarily be accepted.
If in the opinion of Aptus Treatment Centre, a proposal contains false or misleading information of any kind, or does not contain sufficient details to fully evaluate the capability or proposed price, Aptus reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject the proposal.
Aptus Treatment Centre reserves the right to award a contract without further discussions or clarifications with vendors. Thus, the contents of the RFP response and all pricing, terms and conditions therein will be binding upon the vendor.
Any questions or requests for clarification of any aspect of the RFP should be directed to Julie Bonett in writing via email, [email protected] no later than October 15, 2021.
Aptus Treatment Centre shall not be liable for any expenses incurred by the bidder in the preparation and submission of the bid.
Proposals are required to be submitted no later than 4:00pm, Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at the following mailing address:
All Proponents must submit an electronic copy, along with five copies of Responses as printed hard copies.
Senior Purchasing Coordinator
Aptus Treatment Centre
40 Samor Road
Toronto, Ontario M6A 1J6
Aptus Treatment Centre is not responsible for delays or losses caused by Canada Post or any other carrier or delivery service.